Wednesday, November 12, 2008

First things first. . .

I laid awake for a while the other night thinking of all the service calls and shop work I've done over the years on Hammond Organs and Leslie Speaker cabinets. The next morning I decided to start putting my time and energy into this blog. Then today I got contacted by Mark Joyner of Simpleology about his multi-media course on blogging. How timely! So I got off the dime and set up this blogspace for anyone who might enjoy knowing what goes on behind the scenes and under the dash of the venerated Hammond Organ and Leslie Speaker.

I'll be learning as I go, so please bear with me with some patience as I begin to loosen up and type relevant stuff here.

I'm evaluating a multi-media course on blogging from the folks at Simpleology. For a while, they're letting you snag it for free if you post about it on your blog.

It covers:

  • The best blogging techniques.
  • How to get traffic to your blog.
  • How to turn your blog into money.

I'll let you know what I think once I've had a chance to check it out. Meanwhile, go grab yours while it's still free.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen some of Simpleologies stuff, seemed pretty interesting. Did you start using their blogging thing? What are your impressions so far? Also I have a quick question but not sure where to ask it - Does Hammond CV require a speaker cab or does it have an internal as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Simpleology Blogging course...I kinda fell off the horse a while back. But your comment brought it back to mind, and I'll have to start back in on it. Be prepared for some new blog posts from Feeshy soon!

    The Hammond CV has no internal speakers. It requires a Hammond Tone Cabinet or a Leslie "H" Series with a 6-pin connection at both ends for it to function. That's because the organ preamp uses the B+ voltage from the tone cabinet. The next models C-2 and B-2 had their own B+ supply built into the preamp, so they started using 5-pin female connectors on the organ outlet box. Clear as mud? Lemme know and I'll elucidate some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm from the Netherlands and for some years I have been infected with the Hammond virus. I can't play (I'm playing bassguitar in a bluesband), however I'm really mad of the original Hammond.
    During the last months I found out that there are a lot of Hammond fanatics, BUT I also found out that the prices for spareparts are skyhigh!
    I'm rebuilding a Hammond L100. making a portable from it and I wanted to make a B3 lookalike. On the internet I found the wooden legs: price USD 360.
    Today I found a company and they will make them for € 30 each.
    I had the same experience with the Leslie 3 way switch. The Fender 3 way Strat switch fits for 100%.
    So, and that´s my story, you can be a Hammond-Leslie fan but be aware for unreasonable prices for so called 'original' parts!

    ReplyDelete